- Look up from whatever you’re doing when your spouse or kids walk in the room and smile at them. Just because you love them.
2. Another thing, praise your loved ones in front of other people. This is gives your relationship a boost, too.
3. Eat dinner together, turn on dancing music to clean up.
4. Read together (A devotion, verse or storybook)
5. Do something unexpected that surprises your family (have ice cream for breakfast, put chocolate under pillows, make their bed).
6. Add flowers to the bathroom or kitchen counter (this is for you).
7. Follow through. (It might not feel like love at the time, but it shows you love them enough to be consistent)
8. Not only let them talk but also wait one full minute before you answer so they know you’re listening
9. Hug member of your family for at least 20 seconds. (It’s scientific!)